13 August 2016

Washi stamp: I love them!

Hello,
Here is another layout inspired by Shimelle's class "The 20 projects": using a busy background.


I used my august Counterfeit kit and a sketch from Scrapbook Generation.


It was the first time that I used my washi stamps (with silver ink). I love these stamps and I will probably use them very often!


Actually, using our brand new things was a challenge from a scrapfriend, Deb, and I thank her for the push! Here, I used a camera stamp, a tiny bow die and feather dies (cut from old patterned vellum) for the first time! (Well, I had no time for scrapbooking this year, but you could always find some shopping time, right?!)


I used colored ink markers to stamp my label, and I added 3 tiny pink brads. I love to make my own labels! They are cheaper, they always match my layout, and they are in my maternal language (my family doesn't want me to use english on my scrapbooks)...

The blue ribbon (and also the cream one) was offered by a scrapfriend, Hilsmom, thanks to her!

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely Easter LO! Such cute paper (and photos!) Thanks for visiting my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lot to love on here! Good for you taking up the challenge to use your new stash. I love your custom label idea - I think I have one of those & will have to look for it as you've inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The prefect paper for those pictures - so much to look at and those feathers are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This "busy" paper is perfect for those photos and the way you used it kept it from being busy!! Love your feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done. That paper is cute but not too distracting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to use that busy paper in a way that doesn't overwhelm. I love the little cluster with the vellum feathers - just gorgeous. And how lovely that you really make your layouts in French for your family. I'm sure that it can be a little difficult sometimes with the focus in the industry on English but I really respect that you made that decision. Do you still run out of e's?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your nice words! Actually, I never use alphabet stickers, so I have no problem with 'e': I just cut what I need with my big shot and my beloved Quickutz dies... I try to change what I cut (fabric paper for my brown title, for example) and I embellish the paper letters with clear stickles or Glossy accent, or like here, faux stitching.

      Delete