19 August 2016

Using my fringe scissors for the first time...

Hello,
Here is another (and last) layout with my August Counterfeit kit. I used almost ALL the tools that I put in my kit! And the few missing tools, I plan to use them for making some cards with my kit's leftovers...

Among the tools, there were fringe scissors that I've bought for cheap a long time ago and that I've never used. So I used them to make a fringe border on my layout... I wasn't sure I would like it but I do!
I used a sketch by Scrapbook Generation.


I had only a few (homemade) embellishments left in my kit: a vellum flower, a gold embossed fox and tiny tag. So I decided to add more gold as accent and I used gold perfect pearls on my background stamping. It was such a long time that I didn't use my perfect pearls!


Here is a little tip to add a wood texture look on a die cut title: use kraft paper and light brown ink with a woodgrain stamp.


On my layout, I also added glossy accent on the title for more dimension.
This layout was inspired by Shimelle's "20 projects": using embossing folders. Mine was already in my kit!

6 comments:

  1. So much detail! Love all the stitching & custom elements

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely! I love what you did with the title letters (I must remember that tip) and the beautiful vellum flower. I have been tempted to get the fringing scissors but I'm not sure I would use them enough to justify the cost - I'll have to keep an eye open for a sale. I really like the fringe on your page and I'm sure that having the special scissors would really cut down on the time to make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Fringe scissors sure cut down on time! But I would definitely not have bought them full price (I bought them at the local "dollar store").

      Delete
  3. Great page and great idea for using tools in your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great page. Love that you had included tools into your kit and that you actually USED them. Love the colors of your page and all the beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete