04 August 2016

My August 2016 Counterfeit kit

Hello!
I am back to scrapbooking, and so happy about that... After a very tough year with absolutely no time for anything except work, I am ready for scrapbooking!
I decided to start again with the Counterfeit kit blog, because I usually feel very inspired by making my own counterfeit kit.

I named my kit "Maisonnette enchantée" (it means "enchanted tiny house"), because it reminds me some fairy tiny house in the forest!


This month, the kit to counterfeit was the March 2016 kit from Paper Werkstatt. Here is my kit with the inspiration kit for comparison :

I chose to switch the black with navy and I selected the blue for the main pastel color of my kit, because I know that these colors work well with my boys' photos. I also used only gold and none yellow. I added a pic of the b side of my papers, because I often use them too.

I made my embellishments with dies and stamps, gold or white embossing powder, vellum... and I also picked some basics: ribbons, brads, eyelets, buttons.

Usually, when making a kit inspired by the Counterfeit Blog, I firstly look at patterns in my paper stash, then I try to match with the color palette of the kit.
I always feel free to switch things to fit what I like and what I know I will use, but trying new things is exciting too!

In my kit, I also included tools ; this is mostly brand new things that I want to use for the first time (look at this cute fox stamp!). There are older things too, like the woodgrain background stamp that I plan to use on my titles (inspired by the woodgrain alphabet in the inspiration kit).

I can't wait to play with my kit!

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful forgery! I loved your imagery of a tiny enchanted house - I had the same feeling :) I am eager to see many of your goodies appear on your pages, and welcome back! Delighted to know you are able to return for some creative play at CKC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this is the start of better things for you and welcome back to the fun! You included such lovely embellishments in your kit this month. I love the delicate butterflies and the beautiful vellum flowers and doilies. I also like your selection of buttons too. Have fun with your whimisical kit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful kit! The butterflies are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely kit, with all those buttons and stamps. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet kit :) lots of goodies to play with :) enjoy your month of scrapping

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! We have missed you but with a fabulous kit like this, you are going to make a big splash this month! I love that you changed out the black for its softer brother blue! I could use your kit for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty kit! It is fairy-tale inspired indeed!

    ReplyDelete