12 August 2016

A butterfly layout

Hello,
For this layout, I used my august Counterfeit kit.
I decided to use also my butterly stamp set for the first time. (I was inspired by Shimelle's class "The 20 projects", about using your new stamps):


This is the august sketch from Creative Scrappers:


I love this stamp set! You can layer the butterlies with two different inks... I fussy cut them and I added some faux stitching on the edges (there is also a vellum butterfly from my august Counterfeit kit).


I also used more homemade embellishments from my kit: a stamped tag (with gold embossing powder), a vellum flower and a "faux cuir" label. 
The title is cut from gold glittered paper.


This layout was also inspired by a scrapfriend's challenge (Pam in Iowa) about using ribbon (I used ribbon for the sketch's stripes).

6 comments:

  1. This looks like a quilt square! How beautifully done & what a lovely showcase for that sweet family photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really beautiful! Those delicate butterflies look like they're fluttering right off the page and I like the way they look against that burlap-like paper. Great stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is gorgeous! So many beautiful handmade embellishments!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely butterflies! So glad you played along with us at Creative Scrappers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I really love the floral piece of paper you included in your kit (and I happen to have it in my stash-LOL). I also love the layering on the photo-a fave of mine in my own pages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page! The butterflies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete