18 November 2013

Tutorial for a mini album with only one sheet of patterned paper

 http://useyourstuff.blogspot.fr/


Today, on Use Your Stuff blog, Tammy ask you to scrap snow !
I immediatly thought about an old Echo Park collection, but I had only one sheet left...
No problem ! Here is a tutorial about how to make a mini album with cardstock, one patterned paper and sequins pockets.
My mini album will be a Christmas gift for my husband, I will fill it with my favorite family photos.

Scrapbooking mini album tutorial
Supplies used : Patterned papers by Echo Park - Punches by Artemio and EK Success - Stamps by InMi creations and EsKiss Design - Machine sewing, vellum, sequins.

Firstly, I chose a patterned paper with four quadrants (but for the red quadrant, I finally used the blue b-side).
Scrapbooking mini album tutorial

Then, I cut it according to the template below :

Scrapbooking mini album tutorial

Now, it's time to make the cover !
1. Cut 3 pieces of cardboard with the sizes 3 3/4 by 3 3/4 (twice) and 1 by 3 3/4.
2. Cut 1 piece of paper (or fabric-paper like me) for the cover, with the size 5 1/4 by 10.
3. Glue the (brown) cover onto the 3 pieces of cardboard (like on the photo below : don't forget to let a small space between the cardboards to allow the cover to fold. I use a roller and a liquid glue similar to american Elmer glue) and wrap over/glue the edges.
4. Cut 1 piece of (white) cardstock with the size 8 1/2 by 3 1/2, draw 3 lines in the middle and make 4 holes like in the photo below.
5. Cut 3 pieces of (white) cardstock with the size 7 by 3 1/2, fold them in the middle, and make 4 holes with a pin (like in the photos below).
6. Sew the double pagers  with a strong thread onto the big white piece.
7. Glue the big white piece inside the cover, be sure to glue strongly the spine (use a bone folder to smooth out firmly), fold the cover and smooth out everything again.

Scrapbooking mini album tutorial

Finally, cut 7 white pieces of cardstock with the size 2 5/8 by 2 5/8 and glue them onto the polaroid frames. Cut small circles to reinforce the tags's holes. Punch some embellishments into the remaining papers (I punched them into the polaroids papers because it will be hidden with the white mats and the photos).

If like me, you want to embellish your album with sequins pockets, cut 14 pieces of vellum with the size 3 by 2 1/2, sew two pieces together on two sides, add your sequins and close them (you can also close them with washi tape).

Scrapbooking mini album tutorial

Here is a closer look to the album : I added word stamps on each tag, and red paper mats under the punched snowflakes. I also stuck some scalloped patterend paper on my spinner.

Scrapbooking mini album tutorial


If you use my tutorials, please, share your projects ! I would be so glad to see them.



13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful little album. Love that Snowman on the outside. Thanks for the Tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your albums are beautiful! I especially like the vellum pockets. Thanks for sharing the how-to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful step by step and love what you were able to do with the 1 sheet of patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great mini book tutorial! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute album! I love that it only took one piece of patterned paper. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this come across this on Facebook. I love the tutorial and being to use only one piece of pattern is great. Beautiful album.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello.....I'd like to thank you so much for your kind words on my blog! I'm so happy you visited, now I've found you :) So many gorgeous projects, love all the embellishment ideas and this mini is fabulous! Love how its out of one piece of paper.....I love sewing and sequins to. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful album! I love how it came together, so many great details, it will be well loved!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so clever and what beautiful mini albums! Thanks for sharing all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great idea and definitely a cute little christmas present :)
    Thank so much for the inspiration :)

    -L
    livelovescrap.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete