Today, on Use Your Stuff blog, Tammy ask you to scrap snow !
I immediatly thought about an old Echo Park collection, but I had only one sheet left...
No problem ! Here is a tutorial about how to make a mini album with cardstock, one patterned paper and sequins pockets.
My mini album will be a Christmas gift for my husband, I will fill it with my favorite family photos.
|Supplies used : Patterned papers by Echo Park - Punches by Artemio and EK Success - Stamps by InMi creations and EsKiss Design - Machine sewing, vellum, sequins.|
Firstly, I chose a patterned paper with four quadrants (but for the red quadrant, I finally used the blue b-side).
Then, I cut it according to the template below :
Now, it's time to make the cover !
1. Cut 3 pieces of cardboard with the sizes 3 3/4 by 3 3/4 (twice) and 1 by 3 3/4.
2. Cut 1 piece of paper (or fabric-paper like me) for the cover, with the size 5 1/4 by 10.
3. Glue the (brown) cover onto the 3 pieces of cardboard (like on the photo below : don't forget to let a small space between the cardboards to allow the cover to fold. I use a roller and a liquid glue similar to american Elmer glue) and wrap over/glue the edges.
4. Cut 1 piece of (white) cardstock with the size 8 1/2 by 3 1/2, draw 3 lines in the middle and make 4 holes like in the photo below.
5. Cut 3 pieces of (white) cardstock with the size 7 by 3 1/2, fold them in the middle, and make 4 holes with a pin (like in the photos below).
6. Sew the double pagers with a strong thread onto the big white piece.
7. Glue the big white piece inside the cover, be sure to glue strongly the spine (use a bone folder to smooth out firmly), fold the cover and smooth out everything again.
Finally, cut 7 white pieces of cardstock with the size 2 5/8 by 2 5/8 and glue them onto the polaroid frames. Cut small circles to reinforce the tags's holes. Punch some embellishments into the remaining papers (I punched them into the polaroids papers because it will be hidden with the white mats and the photos).
If like me, you want to embellish your album with sequins pockets, cut 14 pieces of vellum with the size 3 by 2 1/2, sew two pieces together on two sides, add your sequins and close them (you can also close them with washi tape).
Here is a closer look to the album : I added word stamps on each tag, and red paper mats under the punched snowflakes. I also stuck some scalloped patterend paper on my spinner.
If you use my tutorials, please, share your projects ! I would be so glad to see them.