Not all of these embellishments are really innovative, but I hope that you will enjoy them.
I tried to add tutorial links when I could.
I photographied a closer look of my homemade embellishments and wrote a little description of them. I also added a list at the end of this post with additional links, so feel free to add yours !
Firstly : the flowers, a classic embellishment but so pretty !
1. Fabric flower "yo-yo" (tutorial here)+ flower stamped on patterned papers (fussy cut and layered).
2. Gathered ribbon flower (tutorial here) + bubble speech stamped on cork.
3. Fabric flower : tutorial here.
4. Tea bag folding flower : lots of tutorials here.
5. Quilling flower : tutorial here.
6. Paper fold flower : tutorial here.
7. Pinwheel : tutorial here.
8. Rosette : tutorial here.
9. Fabric flower : tutorial here.
Next, The paper embellishments :
1. Mated fussy cut dinosaurus from a pattterned paper + foam adhesive.
2. Paper bow : tutorial here.
3. Layered circles.
4. Stitched negative die.
5. Stitched dies.
6. Embellished die (hearts + tied buttons are my favorite !) .
7. Grid embellishments.
9. Homemade mini envelope.
1. Stamped dinosaurus + Glossy accent.
2. Colored stamped butterflies (with alcohol markers, but you can use watercolor pencils, Distress inks, anything !)
3. Stamped trees (green ink on kraft paper), with foam adhesive and stickles for the middle one.
4. Faux stamp (decorative scissors + inked edges + color inked stamps) + stamped flowers colored with alcohol markers.
5. White heat embossed stamp + foam adhesive (and a button).
6. Paper piecing.
7. White heat embossed label stamp on patterned paper + gathered stitched ribbon.
8. Little cluster of embellishments.
9. Another layered embellishments (die + stamp + button/brads etc = my favorite !)
And finally, the other embellishments :
1. Metallic heat embossed scalloped die + faux leather label.
2. Faux leather (stamped on heated fun foam).
3. Shrink plastic.
4. Ribbon and twine bow + pins.
5. Sequins pockets.
6. Ribbon + tied button.
7. Washi tape feathers : tutorial here.
8. Counterfeited embellishments.
9. Mini clothespin covered by washi tape + label stamp.
Here is a quick tutorials about how to make your faux leather embellishments :
First, you need to ink your stamp (Stazon works great). Then heat some fun foam the both sides (I prefer to do it near an open window) and immediatly stamp. And voila !
Most of the time, anything looks better when layered/mated, with foam adhesive, with glossy accent/stickles, with brad/button/gem, with stitching, with unexpected colors (like colored, or stamped in white), or with different mediums (fabric, cork, glittered paper, vellum, shrink plastic, foam...).
Do you have great links to share, or maybe your own work ? Please, leave me a comment and I will be glad to add them !
Don't forget to check also this recent post with an homemade embellishments folder and lots of homemade PL cards :