25 November 2013

Ad challenge on Use Your stuff blog

Today on Use Your Stuff blog, Barb suggests using an add as inpiration :


The creative team was mostly inspired by the composition and made awesome layouts ! As for me, I was inspired by the "home" feeling and decided to use fabric. I was also inspired by the clean lines and the color palette.



And now, what about a quick tutorial for the quilted Christmas tree ?
First, you need 10-12 squares with the size 2 by 2. Fold them in half and layer them onto two lines, like on the photo below (the two lines make an angle about 45 °) :


Sew the two lines in the middle. Fold twice on the right, like on the photos below, then fold twice on the left, and continue by changing the side every time.


Now, cut a triangle with the same size into your front paper, and stick the fabric tree under it with double sided adhesive. 

I hope you enjoyed it and don't forget to add your own project on Use Your Stuff blog !



6 comments:

  1. Aww, so pretty and a neat idea! I love the print of that fabric - soft and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute idea, love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this.......thank you for sharing a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete