05 September 2013

Counterfeiting WRMK Chalkboard !

This month, the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog has a special theme : counterfeiting the new releases ! I chose to get inspired by the Chalkboard collection by We're Memory Keepers :

WRMK chalkboard papers


And here is the kit I forged :

counterfeited chalkboard kit



Firstly, here are the embellishments (the manufacturer's embellishments on the left, mine on the right) :
 
homemade chalkboard embellishments

Here is a quick explanation for the red frame :
1. I lightly inked a white paper with a cut'n-dry sponge and red ink.
2. I stamped a frame with the same red ink.
3. I cut out the inside of the frame.
4. I stamped some words with white ink on black paper (that I distressed with white ink before, for a chalkboard effect).
5. I decorated the words with a white pen (see on the photo below the little white pattern that I drew for example on the bottom right of the black paper : I added it on each letter).
6. I sticked the red frame onto it.


chalkboard embellishments tutorial



Now, let's see the papers ! On the left, the manufacturer's ones and on the right, my counterfeited papers :


homemade paper

For this flowers paper, I used a similar way than for THIS one.
Firstly, I chose my stamps as close as possible than the patterns.
1. I stamped the flowers with soft pink ink, the big flowers first, then the smaller.
2. I cut up the same flowers on (neon pink) sticky note paper to create a mask : I put the (neon pink) masks on the stamped flowers to protect them and I stamped the little black leaves (I move around the masks as needed).
3. Then I stamped the bigger leaves with green ink (still using my flowers masks).
4. I stamped the yellow little flowers (I used ink pens to ink them with three colors).
5. Finally, I stamped a tiny pink flower everywhere I could.
6. I colored my patterned paper with watercolor pencils and a wet brush.

stamped paper tutorial


For this second paper, I decided to create a roller stamp :
  
homemade paper

I cut up some triangles from creative foam and stuck them on my roller. Then, I inked it with white ink, and that's all ! I also made a 12 by 12 paper with this technique because it was really easy !

chalkboard paper tutorial


So easy that I thought that I might create another paper with colored ink, but it was harder to put different colors on the roller (I used some (green) masking tape to keep some place from being inked).

stamped paper tutorial

I was trying to get the same feeling than this WRMK arrows paper...

homemade chalkboard paper

 
Each of my chalkboard paper is distressed with white ink first :
 
 chalkboard paper tutorial

I really thought that it would be more difficult, but actually, I just use a little recycled sponge and some white ink and I made exactly as if I was washing a chalkboard... The white ink I used wasn't juicy, it was rather almost dry, so it was easy.


For the paper with the decorated corner, I used a flourish stamp because I was too lazy to repeat the flower pattern as I did for my first counterfeited paper !

homemade chalkboard paper


For the chevrons paper, I used a stamp first, and then I drew some hatchings onto it with a white pen.
 
chalkboard paper tutorial


The big polka dots paper can be counterfeited by using a little circle rubber from a pencil !
 
homemade chalkboard paper

The hardest part is to keep everything straight...

chalkboard paper tutorial



For this paper, I started by stamping some leaves all over the paper, and then I hatched onto it with my white pen :
 
homemade chalkboard paper



chalkboard paper tutorial


Drawing straightly isn't easy ! I will have to hide this hole :

homemade chalkboard paper


chalkboard paper tutorial


Same here with handwriting...

chalkboard paper tutorial


For this last paper, I tried to use watercolors but I am not comfortable at all with this technique...

homemade watercolor paper


So I decided to use it the same way than Distress inks (like I did HERE), but with more water : I put some watercolors on the craft sheet, I added lots of water and I gently pressed the edges of the paper on it. I repeated with my three colors.
  watercolor paper tutorial


Actually, it's not really the last paper, because I plan to counterfeit this one, perhaps, using the same technique than for THIS big chevron paper.



I had so much fun forging this collection pack, and now, I am longing to use it !
I hope that it was interesting for you, thanks for looking.


30 comments:

  1. WOW, WOW, WOW WOWZERS!!!!
    Absolutely brilliant - well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! that's one awesome kit!
    I really like how you made all those embellishments and papers - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH.MY.GOSH!!! Your handmade papers are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly...you are the Queen. :) Really well done!

    **Bethany CKCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I am in awe!!! Absolutely FANTASTIC!! Clever, clever you :D x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing counterfeits!!! Fantastic job

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness me, I admire your patience. These all look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! You are such a talent at this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely amazing!!! You are inspiring me to get out my fun goodies and get to counterfeiting for my CHA kit!

    Blessings ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO inspired! I have TONS of stamps so I am looking forward to future forgeries with even greater enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing work, yet again! Looking forward to seeing what you create with them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just blew my mind! I am in awe of your creativity and skilL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!!!!!!!! I am loving what you've done here! I'm really so impressed!!!!!!!! WTG!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously cool. You are so talented. Love that you showed us how you did it. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my gosh, how totally inspired do I feel after reading thought your tute... that's just plain fabulous!!! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - I'm really impressed with your papers! Beautiful counterfeiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Superbes realisations. Je vois que je ne suis pas la seule a passer des heures sur un detail...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously, some manufacturer should grab you to design for them!!!
    WOW, all these ideas are just super duper fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Magnifique!!!! Pour le papier noir avec les feuilles blanches, tu as utilisé un carton noir comme base?? Ce que tu fais est vraiment vraiment beau!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. O.M.G. this is amazing. you are such a natural talent at this - truly inspired and inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. C'est absolument superbe, quel boulot de dingue.. Je te remercie de ton passage sur mon blog, ça m'a permis de te découvrir. Bises.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! You are so patient to create these patterned papers, and they are AMAZING! I would probably get started and half way through either abandon the project all together, or if I push through, it would go from neat and sloppy! LOL I may try this on a smaller scale though, maybe for a card or tag. Yours are brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! I am just blown away! The papers you created are fantastic, gorgeous stamping and doodling, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Je suis vraiment impressionnée par ton travail!!! quel boulot!!! tu as une créativité et une imagination sans limites!!! BRAVO.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Excellent tu es une mine d'idées !

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely AMAZING!!! I have thought about your post here several times this month as I have been doing my own counterfeiting =) This is one BEAUTIFUL kit!! And your tutorials are easy to understand and laid out very well. GREAT JOB!!

    Blessings ~~ dawn

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was blown away at the start of your post, and you just kept producing better and better ideas - AWESOME counterfeiting!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your counterfeit kit is AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete