16 September 2013

A homemade spinner or pie chart embellishment (with tutorial)

And this is my last challenge as guest designer for the Counterfeit kit Challenge blog (such a fun experience !) : using a game element (premade or not).
 
 Here is a quick tutorial for making your own spinner :

scrapbooking tutorial


scrapbooking tutorial

I was also inspired by Hello Story week 7 : using a pie-chart.

Finally, I wanted to share this last quick tutorial about he cards I made for my counterfeit kit (I used several of them for my today's layout) :

scrapbooking tutorial

1. For the stars card, I just stamped tiny black stars on a distressed blue paper... Easy peasy !
2. For the hearts card, I started by stamping a ledger stamp with a subtle ink (Distress ink Purnice stone), and then I added pink tiny hearts. The ledger stamp made it easier for stamping straightly.
3. For the striped card, I used a stripes stamp and colored ink pencils.
4. And for the clouds card, well, I forgot to take photos ! I started by using die-cuts clouds as masks and I stamped a grid stamp (with a subtle ink). Then I sprayed some blue ink. Finally, I removed the clouds masks and I stamped a black fancy tree.


11 comments:

  1. Great tutorial on creating the pie chart, love that you made it bigger and then used the die to even it out. So easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet layout. Your spinner is adorable. You are wonderfully creative with your counterfeits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea . I'm pinning that in my favourites for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has been SO much fun having you as the Guest Designer this month! You have really wonderful ideas & really break it down well for us to understand your process. Agree with Miriam - cutting the pie down AFTER it is assembled to even it up is so simple yet ingenious! That spinner is darling

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous page, fabulous tutorials, I have loved having you around and you've been very welcome - thanks for all your great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Je vois de très jolies choses sur ton blog et des tutos bien sympathiques, par contre je vais me contenter de regarder les images, car je ne speack pas du tout anglais...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A simply wonderfully inspirational GD this moth!! Another wonderful layout with a great counterfeit. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab tutorial - so clever to cut out the circle after gluing the segments down! Love the small cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for sharing this great idea

    ReplyDelete