23 June 2013

A handmade background inspired by a real paper

As soon as I have seen this gorgeous paper from Webster's page, I wanted it ! But here, it doesn't hit the stores yet and anyway, I haven't any scrap budget left for June, so, inspired by May's Camp Scrap and her Mixed-media mini-class, I decided to copy it and here is the result :

    homemade scrapbooking background

Firstly, I chose a grid white paper from Simple Stories and I stamped big and medium flowers with black ink, then I masked them for stamping leaves, and finally, I used colored ink for stamping little flowers and other leaves.
After that, I colored the white flowers with alcohol markers, and the white leaves with watercolor pencils. I applied some old paper Distress ink on the edge and misted the background.
I fussy cut the frame and layered my pale photo under.

stamped background
 
As my pink flowers were too flashy, I layered some vellum onto them (it's a Katzelkraft stamp).

homemade embellishments

I used the "faux leather" technique (heated and stamped foam) for my medallion and embossed a frame with metallic powder.

This page is busier than I used to, but sometimes, it's funny !

It's amazing all the informations that May Flaum put in this wonderful Camp Scrap ! An inspirational little email each day, four videos a week (and some are really long ! In fact, they are mini-classes) with detailed handouts (one is a make-and-take) and bonus challenges on the message board ! And May is very present, she answers to all the questions.
I love the variety of this Camp Scrap : lots of layouts, but also cards, mini album, travel book, canvas... Lots of techniques. Lots of brilliant tips.
May offered ideas and deep thoughts about titles, kits, 6*6 papers, bad photos, mixed-media, stamping, layering, ephemera and more !
Her style is far away from mine and I hesitated to take this class : I don't regret, it's my favorite class ever and May is a fabulous teacher, so inspiring !




12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout! I love the flowers and the vellum. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job ! Now I want to lift your page...

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic counterfeiting there, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like yours far better than the one that inspired you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow, what an amazing background sheet of paper . just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing!!! GREAT JOB!! This is fab =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, yours is SO much nicer!
    What a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ingenious - your paper is fabulous! Beautiful layout too. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page! At first, I thought it was digital which I wouldn't have been interested in. Then I got to reading your process for creating it and saw that you actually did make it. It's gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete